Thursday, July 28, 2005

Arrived in Minot


Today we met Luke and Olaf, two brothers from Oregon who are traveling the same route as us. They are two very cool dudes who our putting us to shame with our budgets. They only spend $5 each a day. It was pretty windy and hilly, so it took us a while to make it to Greg and Donna's. We arrived, and I surprised them with not just I, but 3 other people as well. They greeted us with an amazing amount of hospitality. We finally were able to wash our sour smelling clothes, take showers, eat a great meal, sleep in a bed, use the internet, and make huge icecream sundaes.
This was a very nice treat. Thanks!

4 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan:

Love the "Sound of Music" photos of you on the hill. (You're so cute!)

That one photo of you riding beside the sunset looks a little surreal, sort of like you're taking a spin around Jupiter or some other planet. (Very cool!)

Feeling more and more proud of you. (. . . am even starting to brag about you to strangers!! How sad is that?)

Anxiously awaiting your next report . . .


PS: Grandma got your postcard. She smiled a VERY large smile after she read it. (I think you made her day).

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys what's? I love the site it really keeps you updated which is what it is supposed to do but anyways....who are you guys doing? This is Donna and Greg's daughter I figured I would drop by and check out the site. You guys were alot of fun for the time that I saw you, personally I think you are the craziest group of people i have ever met but happy to have met you. If you see my uncle let him no I said "HEY"! Keep in touch.
babydoll13_26@hotmail.com
Stay strong and awesome!!!!!!!

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got your postcard today, thanks. I love reading about your adventure even though I think you're crazy for doing it. This is so you though. It's hard to imagine that we're family...I can barely go camping overnight unless there's indoor plumbing. :) Stay safe!!

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Nathan! This is so cool! I hope you're enjoying every single minute of your trip... I might have to follow your idea when I get out of high school/college. It sounds much better than a regular road trip. Have fun!!! And in Bar Harbor.. try to find Jordan Pond restaurant.. and buy "popovers" they are DELICIOUS. (I THINK that's in Bar Harbor.)

anyhow, see you!

Grace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home