Monday, July 18, 2005

Columbia Falls

I've made it!
I feel like I've hit the biker cross roads. In the past two days I've met 12 bikers doing cross country trips. Most of them are going from east to west and complain about the wind in the plains. Its neat to see all of these people out here doing similiar things. One of the guys was carrying all of his gear, and his 70lbs lab hooked to the back of the bike. He is training for a 500mi in 36hr race. I was impressed. Saturday I stopped for lunch and started talking with this older appalacian woman who was very nice (Zeta), and she informed me that she was friends with the campground hosts down the road, and that I should camp there. So I show up and ask if there were any sites available. The hosts said they were booked for weeks. I responded with, "I'm friends with Zeta". Imediatly they put me up in what they described as the best site there. I pays to talk a lot.
I hope all is well with everyone.
Pictures will come soon

4 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in Gorham, NH, about an hour north of Conway, which you'll be passing through on your trip. If you don't have a place to stay, allow me to recommend the following:

Kennett High School has a high school mountain bike team. Maybe you could hook up with someone from the team there.

Check out Red jersey cyclery. Great guys who I'm sure would love to help. They have a web site, but I'm not sure of the address.

Good luck!

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
We're enjoying your adventure with you. You'll remember it forever and we just might, too. We'll be looking forward to the rest.

Stop and do a little trout fishing in Montana. You may never be in better country for it.

Are you really headed all the way ot east? If so, go see the Red Sox when you're there.

We'll keep watchin'!

Ray and Sue

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nathan,
Looks like you are having a great time. Geez, thought your cadence would be a bit higher and average road speed at least up to mine....
:)
Watch those little bumps. Those are the ones that getcha.
yeruncatony
PS where's the pictures?

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,
Hey there- it's the firefighter woman that hooked you up with a great place to stay! My parents both relayed to me what a wonderful young man you are. They really enjoyed the visit. The rest of the crew wanted to know if you'd made it or not and how things were going- they all thought you were great too! Sorry we couldn't be home to take you out for a beer and show you a good time in Kettle Falls! We didn't end up coming home until July 17- much longer than we anticipated. Hope the trip is going well- I enjoy checking in to see your progress.
God Bless,
~Carrie Crandall~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home