Saturday, July 09, 2005

Finally found a computer

So its been a while since I've been able to get on here and type for myself.
Yesterday was one of the most greuling, exhausting days I have experience thus far. My trailer felt like an anchor dragging behind me. It rained from when I woke at 7:00 until I went to bed at 8:00, and I rode 82 mi. With all of this, it was one of the most magically, beautiful days. I was able to smell the fresh scent of the cedars, hear the waterfalls and the birds, and see the fog creeping in and out of the cascade mountains. There is something about riding a bicycle that makes you slow down, and experience more. I reached the summit at 5500' and started a 20 mi downhill which was awesome. I think I was hootin' and hollerin' the whole way down.
I stopped to camp just outside of Mazama, and I was setting up my tent when 4 kids from kindergarten to 3rd grade came running up saying, "we saw you riding your bike, do want to come to our barbecue?" It was pretty cool, I hung out with there parents and ate until I couldn't keep my eyes open. The next morning they fed me breakfast and suggested I rate the people I run into along the way.
So the official rating **** (you could of received a fifth if you would of put my tent up for me)
Thanks for everything!

2 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger kid45 said...

This goes to show that there are still some good friendly people willing to take in a stranger. Have a nice trip and I will be back checking on your progress. Phil from St. Louis, MO

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"There is something about riding a bicycle that makes you slow down, and experience more"

Nathan, are you sure it wasn't your anchor-like trailer and the rain tht slowed you down?

You know, you are starting to make me feel guilty about my exercise routine (or should I say my lack of one? Ha!) I think some of the nice people in the world would have to call the paramedics for this stranger if I were to try to bike up a 5500' hill. (gawd! it makes my thighs cramp just thinking about it!!!)

I'm very proud of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home