Thursday, July 21, 2005

Glacier is beautiful!

Monday I arrived late to Carl and Lindy's house, and was welcomed by two really neat people. We had great political converstation, good food, and listened to NPR. I was in heaven. They gave me advice on routes through Glacier, and places to look for Bears. Thank You
Tuesday I camped at Spraig Creek campground and hung out with some other bikers and backpackers. Put my hammock up beside the lake and took a long nap. It was really nice.
Wednesday I woke up @ 5:30 to go over the pass, and saw some of the most amazing views of my life. I got to the top and took a short hike, and was fortunate enough to see some mountain goats. The ride down was screaming, I almost had to start passing cars because they weren't going fast enough. I ended up staying at two medicine which is a big lake at the base of the mountains. Very relaxing. On the way there a local yelled out his window, "you ought to be over there in France with Neil Armstrong". It was a good laugh.
Today I head to Shelby Montana pop. 3,000 eeeeehhhhhaaaa

1 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm definitely jealous man, I'm my recent tour de' national parks glacier was one that I wanted to get to, but was not able to. I don't know what route you are planning from there on, but if you get a chance GO TO GRAND TETONS NATIONAL PARK in Jackson Wyoming - you won't regret it I promise!

Stay safe and keep having a blast buddy, can't wait to grab a beer when you get back and just listen to stories...
Tim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home