Monday, July 11, 2005

Kettle Falls

Today I rode over Sherman's Pass the highest of the Cascades. It has been one of those days where you can't help but smile. As I was riding there were deer skipping through the field beside me, the sun was shooting through the pines, and the fog was creeping in and out of the hills.
I finally made it to Kettle Falls, and was reading my map when a car pulls over, and the woman inside says, "Hey are you Nathan". She was the firefighters mother who had been expecting me. She gave me directions to her house, and said goodbye. I arrived at their property, and am astonished by the pure beauty. It overlooks a lake, and they have 18 acres of orchards. They are organic farmers, who grow anything from cherries to peaches, and also roast their own coffee. (The coffee is Awesome, I've had several glasses already and found that you can purchase it online @ http://www.crandallcoffee.com/) They are very nice people, and are feeding me halibut tonight. mmmmm
Tomorrow Spokane

7 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate! John sent my your website today in an email. All I can say is that your trip would be so much better if you where wareing a my little pony birthday hat! Good luck on the rest of your trip and try to not to fall.
Kat

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I still can't believe you are doing this you crazy mother f***er!!!
I am very relieved to hear you've met some good peeps along the way! I'm gonna try and call you tonight hopefully you've got your phone back!
-Rich

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to follow your trip and adventures Nathan. Kyle forwarded your Blog to us and we will be sure to keep up on what is happening. You are the King of adventures buddy.
Nick & Linda

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nathan! Have a wonderful summer. Remember! We are all living vicariously through you. We had a great night at Stephen and Nicole's Sunday with your Mom and Dad and all the usual suspects. Your Dad said that you loved to get messages so here we are. I will NOT leave the kinds of messages he said to leave...keep in mind there was much wine flowing there.Dan and Lynn came late and took the backroads to S&N's. It cracked them up to suddenly come upon Tyler in the golf cart. He's a man with wheels baby. Take care and enjoy it all!
Dena and Doug

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still hoping to hear from my buddy's parents in Sharon, VT. I'm sure they'll put you up for the night. I'll let you know.

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim and I just ordered some coffee from your friends at Crandall Coffee, it better be as good as you say!

GMiller

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I just ordered some of the coffee from those organic farmers at Crandall Coffee. Good times...

Jeff N

 

Post a Comment

<< Home