Monday, August 08, 2005

Soda and Cake


We got a pretty good start this morning, and ended up on a road they were doing construction on. After pushing our bikes several miles through sand a man (Donn) on the side of the road asked if we would like some soda and cake. With out hesitating we took him up on the offer. After woofing down several drinks and pieces of cake he asked if we would like a steak dinner and place to stay for the evening. Believe it or not we accepted his offer and had a great dinner, and were able to wash our clothes. We had a great evening hanging out with Donn and his wife Sheri. Thanks!
The next day we made our way to Osceola where I split up with Luke and Olaf. We are planning to meet in Buffalo in 3 weeks. They are taking the more northern route across. I then headed south towards Stillwater where I found my first Chipotle since starting this trip. I convinced them to donate a burrito to a good cause, and then made my way to a bar for a Guiness that I've been craving for some time. While there the bartender told me his life story and gave me a free beer, as well as let me taste half of the others. It was great! I then started to look for a place to camp close by and ran into a man named Mike who will be traveling the great divide by bike in a couple of weeks. He offered his house for a place to stay and gave me a few beers. I really lucked out! The next morning he took me out to breakfast. Thanks!

4 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan,

I bet you were able to eat that burrito in under 10 min.

-David R.

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like you guys have a thing for milk; hmmmmm wonder what Dr. Freud would say? cool pics dude.

Mr. Papa

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan sorry I missed your call the other night, we are getting close, in fact we go in tomorrow night and they are going to induce! Stay safe, be well and soon I will be callin with news of your 2nd cousin!

Rich

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan:

I love the sunflower field pictures.

The photos reminded me of the sunflower house we planted for the girls years ago--only we didn't have nearly the quantity of flowers that your pictures display!

Check your UC email. There's a message there about New York.

Is Wisconsin the middle point in your journey?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home